5/5/16 Finished & Final Thoughts…

So when we first were introduced to the Radiology Module for OpenMRS  I was all excited.  We initially narrowed it down to an issue which looked to require minimal coding.  We were told that this issue might be ‘too difficult’, and we chose another issue, a simple task of deleting unused lines from a couple of files.  Simple, right?  Bang this out, move on to another issue.  Oh no….first getting OpenMRS and the Radiology module up and running, even for one of us, was crazy.  What that really taught me/us is that clear instructions are paramount.  This again was an issue because exactly what was to be done was vague via the ticket’s description.  Even after Matt asked for clarification multiple times, we weren’t entirely sure what the ‘right’ answer was.  Eventually we got an answer we took as concise enough to complete and actually finish the issue.  Unfortunately we do not know whether or not our fixes were accepted/utilized.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s